22.4.13

Pops of Neon- Outfit Post

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend, the weather here in the UK has been really great- I even managed to have a lie in my hammock on Saturday afternoon, I really think Spring has arrived-hurray!!

Yesterday I also reorganised my wardrobe so all of my summer clothes were easily accessible. Summer skirts, blouses and tees are all now at hand to start wearing and with this in mind I decided to wear something that included neon in my outfit.

Whilst on twitter last week I saw a Marie Clare feature on Primark's Spring/Summer 2013 range and on browsing, I saw an amazing scarf that I had to go and check out. Unfortunately the said scarf was not in my local branch but I still managed to get hold of a different one (scarf addict that I am) in cream and black. I also decided to check out the costume jewellery and nabbed a few pieces too-notably neon which for me is the ideal way to dip into this trend for the Summer season.

So my Sunday outfit of choice was this old favourite blouse which is by Topshop and was a boot sale find a couple of summers ago for just £2. Im wearing it with my Japanese Michiko Koshino boyfriend style jeans and my hot pink studded flats:




I'm also wearing my new Primark yellow neon hoop earrings:


Here is a close up of the top-it's a real favourite find with a lot going on. Embroidered neon stars, skulls, birds and floral and leafy swirls:




A close up of my hot pink neon suede style studded flats which are really comfortable and a perfect weekend shoe:




For such a small area of blouse, there is a lot of detail going on in such a variety of neon and cobwebby stitched detailing:




Here is a close up to show my neon earrings- I really love neon but now I'm older a touch of it works better for me rather than investing in a particular item of clothing for this trend. Saying that, if I found the right item I would get a bag or footwear in neon yellow-it goes so well with white and denim for trendy Summer styling:



I am linking this outfit post to the lovely Patti of NotDeadYetStyle for Visible Monday.

Will you be wearing neon this season-maybe you already have an item of clothing or accessory in this trend or are you too awaiting to find the right piece for you?

16 comments:

hippyatheart said...

these shoes are great!

Vix said...

I bought that top from Topshop sale for £3 but it hung in my wardrobe unworn for years so I charity shopped it! it would be funny if that was once mine! xxx

Unknown said...

It's just feeling like spring may be here at last...I agree I think a touch of neon looks more chic, than out and out Neon! Love your studded pink pumps too, a really cool outfit! p.s. I always notice your posts come through really early in the morning, you must get up so early....very impressed! xx

Patti said...

I really love this summer look, and I think you've worked the neon accents beautifully. Great shoes! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

Mrs C said...

Sharon, I LOVE the shoes! That's a lovely color for shoes! Great find :)

GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

Style At Every Age said...

love your top and shoes - gorgeous! Cold again today sadly but it won't be long before I sort my wardrobe out xx

Style Eyes said...

Yes Saturday was beautiful wasn't it. I plan to sort my wardrobe on Wednesday and I can't wait, so bored with winter clothes now. I love the top and the shoes are amazing!

Lyosha Varezhkina said...

what a cute look! great top and shoes!

P.S. I'm your newest happy follower. great blog going on here

Ofelia said...

Nice shoes!
Glad that you did got to spend some time in your hammock and that you are getting your spring skirts ready to go.

www.janetteria.com said...

What a lovely pair of shoes! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Very springy!! Nice to see bright colours again!!xx

Sharon S said...

Hi ladies-I really appreciate these lovely comments, thank you so much!!

Unknown said...

I love every inch! Dark backgrounds for bright and neon are so hard to find but look so good! Earrings, shoes, everything.
I love the hummingbirds and dragon-flies, any place, any time, real, photos, fabrics, paintings.
You look just right!

Claire Justine said...

Cool outfit, love your shoes :)Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays,,,

Kezzie said...

Hey! Love the top, really really pretty! I tend to find that our local Primark doesn't always have the things I look for- the town in the other direction usually does, at least I find that!

Love your bootsale tips!x

Unknown said...

What a pretty top - love the whole outfit! I love neon and would like to wear it but in small doses, because otherwise I'm scared to look like a traffic cone, lol! But I've always loved neon, especially paired with neutrals. I'm thinking of getting a neon pedicure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...